John 7:32-36 “People Who Will Not Be Saved”
(John 7:32) The Pharisees heard that the people murmured such things concerning him; and the Pharisees and the chief priests sent officers to take him. 33) Then said Jesus unto them, Yet a little while am I with you, and [then] I go unto him that sent me. 34) Ye shall seek me, and shall not find [me]: and where I am, [thither] ye cannot come. 35) Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles? 36) What [manner of] saying is this that he said, Ye shall seek me, and shall not find [me]: and where I am, [thither] ye cannot come?
Introduction: Of all the words spoken by Jesus as recorded in the Gospels the words of John 7:34 are among the most profound. It is a terrifying thought that there are some people who will not be saved. Let us learn from this text about the people who will not be saved that we may not be one of them. Let us also learn from this text that because some people will not be saved we are not held responsible for their reaction to the Gospel message. We are, however, held responsible for sharing the Gospel with all men.
(Mark ) And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear
you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony
against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more
I. Who will not be saved?
A. Pharisees (the self righteous) will not be saved. Vs. 32
1. Paul was a Pharisee (self righteous) (Acts 26:5) … after the most straitest sect of our religion I lived a Pharisee. But on the road to
2. Nicodemus was a Pharisee (self righteous) but one night he met with Jesus and he stopped being self righteous and accepted the righteousness of Christ.
3. Many will go to the grave unsaved because they thought themselves to be righteous when they were not.
B. Unbelieving False Teachers, Preachers, and Spiritual Leaders will not be saved. As long as they continue to believe the lies they teach they will not be saved.
1. Joseph of Arimathaea was an unbelieving and false teacher until he met Jesus then he stopped believing the lies he had been teaching.
2. Many of the chief rulers taught that the blood of bulls and goats could save until they repented and believed in Jesus then they stopped being false teachers. (John 12:42) Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess [him], lest they should be put out of the synagogue:
C. Jewish people who will not believe in Jesus will not be saved.
D. Gentiles who will not believe in Jesus will not be saved.
E. Americans who will not believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living God will not be saved.
II. Why will they not be saved?
A. Is it because God does not love them?
B. Is it because God wants some to perish?
C. Is it because God does not have a system for getting the message to the lost?
D. Is it because God does not convict them of sin?
E. Is it because their sins are too many or to great?
F. The answer is “NO!” to these questions.
H. They will not be saved because they will not believe.
1. He that believeth not is condemned already because they have not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
2. Except ye repent ye shall all likewise perish.
3. There is none other name given among men whereby we must be saved.
III. What will happen to those who will not be saved?
A. They will not be able to go where Jesus has gone.
B. They will not ever have sweet fellowship with Christ.
C. They will not have a place prepared for them in Heaven.
D. They will not walk the street of Gold.
E. They will not have their tears wiped away.
F. They will not know the absence of pain and sorrow.
G. They will not have a crown of righteousness that fades not away.
H. They will not have a robe of white which is the righteousness of the saints.
I. They will never hear the words “Well done thou good and faithful servant.”
J. They will not sing a new song nor the song of Moses nor the song of the lamb.
K. They will never have the peace that passes understanding nor Joy unspeakable and full of Glory.
IV. Where are the people who will not be saved?
A. They are in the sanctuaries, temples, and synagogues, and churches of both true and false religions.
B. They are in the homes of the wicked, lost, and rebellious.
C. They have been in the presences of Jesus Christ Himself.
D. They are not in heaven nor will they be.
E. They will not be on the new earth.
V. When will they not be saved?
A. They will not be saved now.
B. They will not be saved when faced with death.
C. They will not be saved when they die.
D. They will not be saved in eternity.
Now is the accepted time behold now is the day of Salvation.